What we do include:
- Provision of forum for interaction of all people interested in advancing STEM for development.
- Encouragement of research in STEM by generating healthy curiosity among members.
- Promotion of discovery, development, and deployment of expertise in STEM for socioeconomic and human resource development, and protection of the environment.
- Undertaking teaching, learning, and application of STEM in everyday life.
- Undertaking advocacy for STEM, by engaging in dissemination of STEM-related information in print and electronic media.
- Seeking welfare of practitioners of STEM.
- Fostering cooperative links with relevant national and international groups, and affiliate with bodies with similar goals elsewhere.
We Have The Following Distinctions:
- Largest national, multidisciplinary group of scientists, technologists and mathematicians interested in the promotion and exploitation of science for national development.
- Largest forum for cross-fertilization of ideas of all people interested in promoting science and technology.
- Largest Organisation that can pool together the high caliber of experts to generate the scientific synergy that can impact on every aspect of development in Ghana.
- High capacity to organize a science and technology clearinghouse where people in research can meet with people in industry to exchange ideas leading to innovation and solution of problems.
- The Association is open to anybody interested in the promotion of science.
- The capacity to consistently organize its biennial conferences and workshops since 1959.
Main Activities Include:
- Organisation of national conferences and national workshops.
- Organisation of public lectures, seminars and symposia.
- Publication of scientific books, journals and magazines.
- Organisation of national quiz contests.
- Participation in programmes to improve the teaching and learning of science and mathematics in schools and training colleges.
- Writing of feature articles for publication in the print media.